Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Unite to Unlock 2015: My Introduction to EWB and the conference

In case you are wondering why am I not writing any blogs, it's not that I'm not committed anymore. Let me tell you cool story. Grab your headphones, cuz you are going to listen to a beautiful song from youtube. And why is it beautiful? It's cuz it's going to be the song you like from your site. Just kiddin'!


But seriously, I am going to tell you a cool story-the story of how we, Ryerson EWBers connected with the EWBers and EWB supporters from all around Canada, at only one place they could ever meet: The National Conference 2015 aka Unite to Unlock 2015. So sit tight, and get ready with you music in a speaker, or go to a quiet area, whichever you feel better!

Let the story begin!!!

So, it all began with an opportunity to go to the Summer Regional Retreat during the summer after I got appointed as the 2014-15 Academic Year VP of Advocacy. Till then, I tried reading all the documents Co-President Caroline gave me. And then, I received additional documents with list of duties I was asked to accomplish by Sasha Caldera, EWB Advocacy Campaign Strategist, and Sujin Chang, Advocacy Distributed Team Member who is responsible to literate Advocacy Rep of few institutes one of which is Ryerson University. But, even though I learnt few things, it proved to confuse me even more. 
Ontario Regional Retreat, Summer 2015, House Hart Farm Land

So, I decided to go to this Ontario Summer Retreat because I felt like it would teach me something. I won't talk about what I learnt, but the important thing is that I felt for EWB for the first time. I might have done some super-awkward things in there, but bro! I was illiterate about EWB because of two reasons, vision and mission statements in the EWB and EWB Ryerson websites along with the documents provided to me did not make any sense to me, and I never gave myself a separate time for EWB. So, what can I do?

The Summer Retreat gave me a vision of what EWB is and how it actually roles. I felt the EWB for the first time, however, I never realized it. But, it was the first real step to feeling the change within me personally, and as an EWBer, with the National Conference of 2015 aka Unite to Unlock.

To be continued...

Next time::: Unite to Unlock 2015: Metamorphosis, Grave sickness, Greatest Satisfaction 


Here's the challenge:::Everyone will have to write their experience during the conference however they wish to, but visible to the public. So, obviously, you don't have to put super-personal stuffs. Anything that were not private, something from things you learnt during the conference to fun during night parties, or your feelings about the Montreal. Whoever is interested in writing a new blog post are encouraged to do so. If you guys don't like writing, write a short note on the comments, which by the way, also requires sign in as for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment